Program 1 Please scroll until completion
Certification or License (only) /Procedures and Requirements /A minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
Complete Phase I Courses: Each candidate must complete the following 5 courses:
Basic Christian Counseling, Temperament Theory, Testing/Measurements, Temperament Therapy
Christian Counseling and Integrating Temperament and Psychology
Additional Requirements are the each candidate must:
• Complete a practicum of administering the A.P.S. to 10 individuals under the direction of an assigned and approved clinical supervisor.
• Upon completion of the required courses, submit the following: a. Written responses to 50 ethical questions posed by the N.C.C.A.’s Licensing Board of Examiners. b. $50 for first year’s annual dues. c. A signed Application for Certification/Membership form. d. a signed copy of N.C.C.A.’s Code of Ethical Standards.
Upon completion of Phase I requirements, subsequent review and acceptance, the candidate will qualify to receive: a Certified Temperament Counselor certificate and a Clinical Member (non-clergy) or Professional Clinical Member (clergy) certificate, membership card and lapel pin.
To complete Phase II Courses each candidate must complete the following 3 courses: Mastering Pastoral Counseling Utilizing Temperament,
Temperament Case Studies and Counseling the Codependent. Additional Requirements are that each candidate must complete a practicum. This consists of administering the A.P.S. to 15 additional individuals under the direction of an assigned and approved clinical supervisor. Upon completion of the required courses, submit the following: a. A signed application for N.C.C.A. license. b. The Notification and Release Form for Personal National Screening. (This form authorizes the N.C.C.A. to secure a national background check to verify each candidate’s history.)
c. Submit current ministerial credentials.* d. A certification / licensing fee of $100. A centerpiece in the N.C.C.A. training is the use of the Arno Profile System.
Upon completion of Phase II requirements, subsequent review and acceptance, the candidate will qualify to receive
• Certified Pastoral Counselor (high-school diploma, GED or Associates)
• Licensed Pastoral Counselor (holds a Bachelors)
• Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor (holds a Masters)
• Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor-Advanced Certified (holds a Doctorate)
• Certified Temperament Pastoral Counselor (Optional) (additional $39 fee applies)